Monday, April 15, 2013

Carry On, Warrior review

I've been reading Glennon Melton's blog, Momastery, for the last couple of years. Her blunt musings on life, parenting, and her rocky past made for incredibly interesting blog reading and I slowly began to love this woman who put her entire soul out there. She's easily the most honest blogger I've ever come across. Her Love Flash Mobs may have had something to do with my love for her writing too. Such an amazing thing!

Carry On, Warrior: Thoughts on Life Unarmed, is a collection of Glennon's blog posts, along with several new essays, all on the idea that perfection is unattainable and we should give ourselves permission to make mistakes. We all need to just let go of the idea of appearing perfect to our friends and family and allow our honest vulnerability to show -- we'll be happier and everyone else will be too. 

This book had me both laughing out loud, sharing different chapters with my husband (his favorite was "A Mountain I'm Willing to Die On"), and sniffling a little. It's powerful stuff presented in a fabulous package. 

I was also lucky enough to be able to go to Glennon's very first stop on her book tour and had a blast, along with over 500 others who came to witness her joy. Such fun! She was as charming and sweet in person as any reader of her blog would imagine her to be. 

 Thanks to TLC Book Tours for sending a review copy.

1 comment:

heathertlc said...

I love that you got to go to her book signing - what fun!

Thanks for being a part of the tour.