Saturday, June 22, 2013

Siege and Storm quick review

Oh. My. Goodness. It's been a long time since I've fallen so hard for a fantasy series and I almost totally missed out on this one! I hadn't been wanting to pick up anything fantasy-related for awhile... just wasn't feeling it... but a few months ago I finally read Shadow & Bone after so many bloggers raved about it. Read that book in a day. LOVED. And when the advanced copy of Siege & Storm showed up, I did a little happy dance in kitchen. Read that and knew I had to gush. 

Friends, Alina and Mal are two of the best characters I've come across in all my years of reading fantasy. You'll believe in them and think they're two very real people, despite their fighting of monsters, scary creatures, and the fact that someone evil is constantly trying to kill them. Alina and Mal make these books the great stories that they are. 

If you haven't read Shadow & Bone, don't wait. As soon as you finish that one, head out and buy a copy of Siege & Storm. I can almost guarantee you'll fall in love with them. 

Thanks to Henry Holt for the review copy!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Ack! I feel so guilty for not getting to this!!! Soon. I'm moving it to the top of my list. As much as I love to read multiple things at once, I'm maxxed out right now, so gotta finish one of the others first.