Saturday, July 6, 2013

Gus the Dinosaur Bus

The day this book showed up at my house, we immediately read it about 20 times back-to-back. There's something about a dinosaur turning into a bus that just enamored my toddler -- and, if I'm being honest, I was totally enamored too. 

The story is simple -- Gus is a dinosaur that also serves his friends as a bus service. Obviously, with the size of him, problems come along with that friendly service, so Gus and the community have to figure out a way to spend time together without getting into trouble. Easy enough to understand for young ones and a really fun idea. Dinosaurs are always a hit. 

The illustrations remind me of old school 80's pictures books, which is probably why I love them so much, so hats off to illustrator Bei Lin. E continuously pointed to Gus with a big smile on his face, so I assume those illustrators were a hit with him too. 

It's not every picture book that can hold the attention of a 19-month-old, but the quick text and the fast flow made for a great read together. Check it out from your library or bookstore!

Thanks to Houghton Mifflin Harcourt for the review copy!

1 comment:

Abby said...

Sounds so cute! I just added it to our next order. Thanks for the head's up! :D