Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Forever Interrupted review

Before I review this fabulous book, I have a confession to make. I almost didn't read it, because I was afraid of what I would dream about after I had. I have this weird problem of having vivid nightmares about my husband dying. Often. At least once a week I wake up in a panic, thinking Aaron has died next to me or gotten in a car wreck -- it's both sad and horrifying. SO when I read the description of this book being about a young woman, not married long, whose husband suddenly dies, I just wasn't sure I could do it. 

I did read it and I ended up loving it. Bonus that it did NOT give me nightmares. Hooray for that. 

Forever, Interrupted weaves the present with the past in a beautiful way. Elsie is a young newlywed when her husband is unexpectedly killed in an accident. We get to witness Elsie go through the grief of her newfound widowhood, alongside her mother-in-law -- a woman she's never met. This portion of the heartbreaking plot is emotional, raw, and felt incredibly realistic. I could feel her pain through the words and hated the situation she was in. 

The flashbacks to the past give us the steps Elsie and Ben took to becoming a couple and I laughed through those. They were so sweet and pure and I fell in love with them as they fell in love with each other. It was a beautiful courtship and I found myself wondering if the author had gone through a similar relationship. It was both crazy fast and totally true to the characters. 

As soon as I finished the book, I instantly started rereading the portions where Elsie and Ben were dating. I wanted happy and those are definitely happy. Such a great read... highly recommended!

Thanks to Atria for the review copy!

1 comment:

tiger memon said...

"get income from a part time Assignment entry jobs best way to make money at home
best way of earned money for student online data entry jobs
now offered to all those people who want to earned money by work at your home
more detail (http://tinyurl.com/3gce3ot) IDS (11550)"