Friday, August 23, 2013

Need a creative outlet?

I'll admit, I'm not the most crafty mom in the world. I want to be... I love the idea of making homemade projects and hanging them on the fridge for our family to admire and for our son to love making something with his hands, however, I'm just not very good at it. I'm not artistic and anything that I attempt to make with my hands looks exactly like I did so -- and not in a good way. I can, however, doodle like a pro. On the phone, when E is eating breakfast as slow as possible, and whenever Aaron and I talk about the budget. I love to doodle to tune things out ;). If E does get this doodling gene, this book is something I'll hand him when he gets a little older. 


Craft-a-Doodle is a super fun doodling book, perfect for older kids and teens (or adults)! When it showed up in my mailbox, I wasn't sure how into it I would personally be, thinking it might be good to have around for nieces and nephews, but I've spent many phone calls already, doodling! 


There are fun pages to simply draw on, working off a small sketch, along with different activities that require a small set of additional materials (yarn, watercolors, etc.). Those will be saved for when the nieces and nephews come. 

It's a great book, perfect for a gift for someone who likes to be a bit crafty!

Thanks to Sterling Publishing for the review copy. 

1 comment:

Jenn's Bookshelves said...

This book is currently Justin's obsession! It's adorable!