Monday, October 7, 2013

Baby Bear Counts One by Ashley Wolff

In our house, Ashley Wolff's Baby Bear Sees Blue is a daily read. When it first showed up in my mailbox, I fell in love with the sweet illustrations and the unique way of teaching colors and just recently E started enjoying it too. He's finally getting to the point where he'll sit through longer books and it's definitely a favorite. 

Though usually pretty informed when it comes to new releases, I had no idea a companion book was being published! I was thrilled to see Baby Bear Counts One show up at my door and it's just as fantastic as its predecessor. 

A beautiful autumn theme is woven through the pages
as Baby Bear discovers different things around him. There's one woodpecker, two squirrels, three beavers, and so on, all getting ready for winter to come.

We're working on counting with E and this book is a wonderful way to point out new animals, while learning to count them. He's obsessed with squirrels, so I was very happy to see those acorn-gathering animals on one of the very first pages! Ending with snowflakes was perfect and is a great gateway to talking about the next season. 

I love Wolff's illustrations with their beautiful lines and the soft color palatte. I know Baby Bear Counts One will be another popular book on our shelves. 

Thanks to Simon & Schuster for the review copy.


No comments: