Monday, January 20, 2014

Coffee and a chat...

I've seen this feature on several blogs over the past few months (most recently A Healthy Slice of Life and The Perpetual Page Turner) and thought I'd join in! It's always fun to catch up with each other and talk about something other than just books for a day. If you choose to join in, leave a link in the comments, I'd love to see what you're chatting about over coffee!

If we were having coffee... I'd tell you that I was able to go on an awesome hike this morning. It's so hard to hike in the cold with a toddler, so we haven't been out for a few months and it was just fantastic this morning. We took a new-to-us trail and stumbled upon old cemeteries and railroad tracks. I love being in the woods, especially in the chilly mornings, so this was the perfect way to spend a holiday morning. 

If we were having coffee... I'd fill you in on my Florida trip coming up next week. I'm the type of mom that realizes, in order to be a BETTER mom, I need time to myself. So, I'm hopping in the car next week and making the drive to Florida to hang out with my Aunt for a few days. I plan to eat a lot, spend time by the water, and just relax. Hopefully it will be just the refresher I need. 

If we were having coffee... I'd tell you that we're supposed be getting a lot of snow tomorrow. Not that it's the most interesting topic in the world, but seriously, I live in Northern Virginia. These people can't handle their snow and I'm sure they've already started closing schools for the predicted 5", which means a day stuck in the house. No Bible study, no play groups, just stuck inside. I have a really hard time being in the house for hours on end with a 2-year-old. Not sure about you other moms out there, but I need outside time for my sanity!

If we were having coffee... I'd let you laugh at me when I said I signed up for my first half marathon. Remember last year when I set that as one of my goals and then slowly realized I didn't have the desire to be a distance runner? Well, I've been convinced by a friend that we need to do one, just to do it. It may be the only one I ever run, but I have enough time to prepare for it that I'm not super nervous. Yet. 

If we were having coffee... I'd show you this bag that I'm dying to own. Saw a customer with it while I was working this weekend and she told me the Etsy shop she bought it from. Love. Getting a little selfish here, because I'm so NOT a bag person and would never spend that kind of money. But, I love it. I also love this one. And since we're chatting about Etsy shops, I'll take one of everything from here

If we were having coffee... I'd tell you about this amazing 4 week book club a few of my friends and I are doing together. Based on Bread and Wine by Shauna Niequist, we've been getting together each Monday night for the past few weeks and each bringing a dish from the menu in the book. It's 8 of us that didn't know each other very well before starting this and after only a couple weeks, we've all become great friends. You should definitely try it! On this week's menu:

Bacon-Wrapped Dates
Watermelon Feta Salad
Magical White Bean Soup
Dark Chocolate Sea Salted Toffee with Vanilla Ice Cream

Even if you don't jump into a book club/dinner party, I highly recommend the book. It was one of my favorites last year. 

Hoping to make this a weekly feature! Join me!

No comments: