Saturday, October 18, 2014

Readathon: Starting Line





It's here! It's here! As I mentioned in my post yesterday, I haven't done a readathon in just about 3 years, so this one is a big deal for me. Having a husband willing to take total control of our toddler is awesome and I'm looking forward to a full day of reading and connecting with all of you. Ya'll are my people. :)

Coffee is brewed, book pile is stacked (and ebooks ready), and snacks are in the fridge! The opening meme was just posted and my answers are below. I'll do a few updates throughout the day. Happy reading, friends!






What fine part of the world are you reading from today?

I'm reading from Northern Virginia, just about 20 miles outside D.C. It's going to be a beautiful October day, so I'm sure I'll spend some time with my books on our back porch!

Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?

Probably Belzhar by Meg Wolitzer. I've heard so many great things about it and I finally got my hands on a copy. I'll probably wait until I'm getting tired to start it and hope it wakes me up.

Which snack are you most looking forward to?

Eek. I don't have any interesting snacks this time around. I used to go all out with my readathon snack stash, but I'm happy enough to just be reading this year. I'm sure I'll have some popcorn at some point in the day, so I'll go with that one.

Tell us a little something about yourself!

I'm a self-proclaimed coffee addict, wife to an occasional reader, mom to a super-reader, and loved by an 8-year-old pit bull who will spend most of the day at my feet. She doesn't read, but she's a great cuddler. ;)

If you participated in the last readathon, what's one thing you'll do differently today?

It's been a few years, but I'm sticking with my past rules of taking lots of breaks to connect via Twitter and all of your blogs. That's part of the fun of this day! Can't wait to meet some new bloggers!

4 comments:

Kristin Jones said...

Congrats on the home alone! I have a sleeping police officer and two dogs for the day!

tanabata said...

So glad you can join in the readathon this time! It's actually been a while for me too but I'm here reading and cheering today. I hope you enjoy the rest of the readathon, and really, you can never go wrong with popcorn. :)

Susan said...

What a great husband! Toddlers definitely make it difficult to do any relaxing, just-for-yourself kind of things. Enjoy your mommy break and your reading time!

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I remember the first time I was able to do something for an entire day while my husband took over our child. It was a very happy day.

Hope yours is a day of great reading.

If you need a little singing boost as you read along: Here's Singing My Way Through the Readathon!