Monday, January 5, 2015

A new reading year...

Well, it's 2015. I had grand plans for a big end-of-year post with the typical list of all my favorite books and reading stats, but my December was filled with parties and family and travel. In 2014 I vowed to be more intentional with my time and I think I fulfilled that resolution all the way to the end of the year. I spent the last few weeks catching up on titles Book Riot recommended on their Best Of 2014 list, which proved to be some great (and intense) reading.

This year, I really hope to just read more. Last year I wanted to read slower, but really, I didn't like that. I'm back at the bookstore (lots of galleys) and will be ending my time leading MOPS in a few months, so I hope that leads to more reading time on a daily basis. Elliott is getting older and that also means less of being right by his side all the time and more time to stick my face in books. I managed a pretty good number this past year, but would often find myself with the same book for a week and that's just too long for me. 

I also plan to be blogging more than I did the 2nd half of 2014 and have already read a few excellent books coming out in 2015. Stayed tuned! And Happy New Year from this sweet face:


1 comment:

Susan said...

Sounds like you accomplished more important things this year than just reading and blogging! It will be fun to hear more from you in 2015, though. There's a time and a season for everything ... kids getting older definitely helps :)